Tuesday 14 September 2010

Holiday, Three Peaks and a few more random bits and bobs...

Hey guys :-D
Ok, so at the moment I am very very bored as I have done all the work/revision for college that I need to do, and my friends have not. So here I am, at 5:00 pm with a mug of hot chocolate in one hand and a small Snuffles on my lap (a bichon frise who got his name by sniffing everything in sight. When I say everything, I mean everything...) with a quick but long ramble for you.
First I just want to talk about my holiday in Turkey which was AMAZING, I think it was one of the best holidays I have ever been on. My friends and I didn't want to go somewhere like Ibiza and party nonstop for our first holiday together, we like to think we have a bit more class than that (ahem). So Turkey it was and what a place! We went last month during a heat wave and man, it was sooo hot. Luckily we got a good tan from our two week trip away, one of the few benefits of a heat wave. I was a little worried about sun exposure but I'm sure my Factor 50 did the job.

OMG and you'll never guess what... we went PARA-SAILING!!!!! Hahaha I feel such a daredevil! For those of you who have no idea what para-sailing is (don't worry I had no clue either until this creepy Turkish guy started telling us about the thrills he got from flying over the beach), it is basically where you are tied to a parachute which is attached to a speed boat and the speed boat... er, speeds whilst you are flying in the air! It was so much fun and it really wasn't as scary as it sounds, in fact it was quite relaxing....
Ok that's a lie. I was pissing it. But no, seriously it wasn't that bad and I found it rather enjoyable.

Here is a picture of some poor, unfortunate soul who got roped into it like I did...

You probably won't be able to tell but the floating person is in fact tied to the speed boat and not just flying behind it.
Cool, huh?
Also, whilst I was on holiday I spent a bit of time reading and I found some amazing books that I would definitely recommend.



LA Candy by Lauren Conrad
Thanks For The Memories by Cecelia Ahern
Dear John by Nicholas Sparks

Check them out, they're all different but really good summer reads.
Another thing I wanted to mention was in a few months I will be completing the 3 peaks challenge to help raise money for Macmillan Cancer Research Charity and RNIB, a charity for blind and partially sighted people. Basically I have to climb the three biggest mountains in the UK which sounds easy but really really isn't. Me and some of the other people who will be attempting the challenge (challenge?! more like the impossible mission that only James Bond can complete) did a practise walk and I nearly died. I don't think it's for the faint-hearted (which I clearly am).

One of the people who I'll be walking with said the 3 peaks is pretty easy considering all the hype that leads up to it but then again he said the practise walk was going to be easy so I now know that by 'easy' he means 'completely and utterly draining of all energy and so hard that it isn't possible to move until at least a week afterwards'. Despite my worries I am doing it for charity and must persevere. I'll let you all know how that one turns out :-/

Have any of you guys done the 3 peaks challenge? Please let me know how it was.
Love youu
Emma..x